Notice on the Latest Requirements for Visa Application
2022-08-22 16:11

The latest visa application requirements of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Philippines are as follows:

1. Effective from 0:00 on 24 August 2022 (Beijing time), holders of valid APEC Business Travel Cards and foreign students holding valid Chinese residence permits for study are allowed to enter China with no need of applying for new visas.

2. Foreign students who intend to receive long-term academic education in China could apply to Embassy of China for a study (X1) visa as from today. The original and photocopy of the "Visa Application for Study in China" (Form JW201 or Form JW202), the Admission Letter issued by the school or other entities in China for new students and the proof of returning to school for returning students are required.

3. For other categories of visa application, please refer to the Annex for the updated requirements.

The Latest Visa Application Requirements

1. Application Procedure

1.1 Fill in the visa application form online (, and print out the application forms and sign the confirmation page.

1.2 Email for pre-checking and appointment

Ordinary passport holders are required to send an email to with the subject "Visa Type+Applicant's Name +Passport Number". Please elaborate the purpose, estimated date of visit to China, the type of visa to be applied for and relevant supporting documents. After confirming that the requirements are met, the Embassy will notify the specific processing date by email.

Diplomatic, official passport holders please submit the visa application directly to the Embassy.

1.3 Submit all the required documents in person to the Embassy at the appointment time and retain ten fingerprints.

*The following applicants can be exempted from fingerprints collection and entrust others to submit visa applications.

a. Applicants under the age of 14 or over 70;

b. Diplomatic passport holders, or applicants eligible for diplomatic, official and courtesy visas;

c. Applicants who already had their fingerprints collected within the past five years at the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines with the same passport;

d. Applicants with all fingers mutilated or uncollectible.

2. Visa categories accepted and documents required

① Visa Application Form and the confirmation page.

② Original passport and a copy of data page.

③ One recent color photo (within 6 months), front view, white background, in 48mm x 33mm size.

④ Vaccination certificates, which are limited to WHO ICV ("yellow card"), VaxCertPH and other certificates can be verified.

⑤ Original Chinese passport or original Chinese visa (for those who once held Chinese nationality and later joined a foreign nationality).

⑥ A certificate of lawful stay and residence permit in the Philippines for foreigners from third countries.

⑦ Visa categories accepted and relevant documents required by the Embassy as follows:



Required Documents

M/F Visa

Issued to those who visit China for economy, trade, science technology and other activities.

Invitation Letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China

Z Visa

Issued to those who intend to work in China.

Effective “Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit” or existing original “Foreigner's Work Permit”

S1/S2 Visa

Issued to spouse, parents, children under the age of 18, parents of the spouse of the foreigners holding the work and study visas or residence permits. 

① Original certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of immediate family members between applicants and inviting individual.

② An invitation letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in China for work or study).

③ A photocopy of the inviting individual's passport and visa or residence permit for work or study.

*If an adult child and his/her spouse apply for a Family Visit (S2) visa, in addition to the above documents, they must submit the appropriate statement of circumstances as required by the consular officials.

Q1/Q2 Visa

Issued to foreign family members of Chinese citizens or foreign family members of foreigners with permanent residence status in China.

*"family members" refers to spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and sisters, grandparents and grandchildren.

① Certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, household register, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual.

② An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China.

③ Proof of the inviting individual's Chinese identity (e.g. Chinese ID card, household register), or foreigner's passport and Chinese permanent residence permit.

S2 Visa

(For humanitarian reasons)

Issued to family members going to China for funerals or to visit critically ill patients.

*"family members" refers to spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and sisters, grandparents and grandchildren.

① Death certificate or critical illness notice, etc.;

②Proof of kinship between the applicant and the deceased or the patient;

③ The ID certificate of the deceased or the patient.

R Visa

Issued to those who are high-level talents or whose skills are urgently needed in China.

“Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents”

*Spouses and children under the age of 18 submit proof of relationship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate) to apply for an S2 visa.

C Visa

Crew Visa

Guarantee letters issued by the foreign airlines or shipping companies, or invitation letters issued by the relevant organizations in China.

X1 Visa

Issued to foreign students receiving long-term academic education in China.

① "Visa Application for Study in China" (Form JW201 or Form JW202)

②The original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by the school or other entities in China for new students and the proof of returning to school for returning students.

3. Notes

3.1 Visa applications related to travel, medical treatment or other personal affairs are still suspended currently.

3.2 Foreigners who are subject to the Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption, or hold valid Chinese permanent residence permits, hold valid APEC Business Travel Cards, and residence permits for work, personal affairs, journalist, reunion and study do not need to apply for a new visa.

3.3 Those who have been issued a visa to China and who do not need a visa are still required to apply for the Health Code following the requirements of the Embassy before going to China.

For relevant Health Code requirements and more visa instructions, please refer to the Embassy’s website:

4. Contact us

Address of the Consular Section: 2nd Floor, the World Center, 330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila


Tel: 0927-5029218 (English&Tagalog, 9AM-11AM&2PM-4PM, Monday to Friday)

Suggest to a friend: